Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To Suffer or NOT to suffer...Isn't that the question?

Hi...My name is Sherry and I have PCOS.  I wanted to start a blog dedicated to my struggles and accomplishments while dealing with this syndrome.  I am currently overweight and pre-diabetic.  My triglycerides are off the charts.   I also have excess facial and body hair and skin tags.  I need to get this under control.  My doctor started me on metformin about a month ago.  I have been taking it faithfully.  The side effects in the beginning were pretty bad.. but, I have stuck with it.  The metformin is supposed to help control the symptoms of PCOS.  I am taking 1500 mg.  I can't tell a difference so far.  But, I haven't been on the med for very long.  My doc says that 3 months is the average amount of time for the med to get into your system and start doing it's job.  I have lost 10 lbs in the last 7 weeks.  That was due to an intense detox diet that I was on for 12 days. 

Currently, I am following a diet that consists of low fat and low sugar foods.  Or I guess I should say "trying" to follow a diet that consists of low fat and low sugar.  It's hard when my body is craving all the good stuff.  UGH!
So, drop in frequently and check out my progress. 

Sherry

No comments:

Results!

Results from the 24 Day JumpStart...8 lbs and 5.5 overall inches lost.