Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 4~ Food Log for Thursday~ March 25, 2010

My great plans about posting my food log at the end of the day aren't working out. I keep forgetting about posting at night. So, I will be posting my food log for the previous day.

Food Log: Thursday~ March 25, 2010

B~ rice krispies with milk, banana = 300
S~ greek yogurt w/peaches=130
L~Link sausage sandwich= 470
D~ pasta with meat sauce, salad=650
S~ pineapple= 200

Total Calories: 1750

I still need to drink more water.  But, I did better yesterday on calories.  I do think that counting calories has freed me from food prison.  I'm free!  lol.  I have more options and I am in control of what I eat.  I still have trigger foods that I personally feel like I can't eat.  Such as pizza.   I think that as I make calorie counting a habit...that I will be able to eat pizza and not have to worry about making a huge pig out of myself.  Pizza is my #1 trigger food.  I have good intentions when I start eating it and then, I just can't stop until I have eaten 4 or 5 pieces.  Then, that makes me feel like crap.  So, I have a huge setback and end up going on a binge.  Then, I feel worse about not being able to control myself.  So, I just stop trying at all.  I have lived that senerio over and over again.  ANYWAY... NO PIZZA!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Shae, I'm glad you are finding good stuff in the blogging community. Man, do I ever wish I had found all this a long time ago. I get more motivated from people's blogs than I ever did at a Weight Watchers meeting. lol.
I understand about the trigger food thing. Cake..especially chocolate cake is a big trigger for me. Pizza used to be, but I nipped that one in the bud. I either get Kashi pizzas now or I make my own on whole wheat tortillas/flatbreads. It might not taste exactly like restaurant pizza, but I still feel like I get my fix w/o all the added extra guilt. Then there's the plus that I can add things like turkey sausage and fresh veggies that I otherwise might not be able to get at a restaurant.
It looks like you are doing good girl...keep it up! You can do this...we sould cysters have to stick together. lol Have you tried whole grain cereal for brekky btw? It'll keep you really full and eating some protein w/ it will slow down how fast it hits your bloodstream, therefore keeping a hypoglycemic sugar crash from happening. (I've had these soo many times...dontcha love PCOS??).

Christine said...

Yes, absolutely...that is how I feel about counting calories too!
Like it frees you up to eat what you want.
When I was on atkins I truly felt in a food prison.
protein and 3 cups of veggies..dayafterdayafterdayafterday.
Great job on switching up the food log days. Do what works.

AGirlWorthLosing said...

Pizza is my biggest trigger food too. Second is chips and salsa...I have to stay completely away.

Go you!

Results!

Results from the 24 Day JumpStart...8 lbs and 5.5 overall inches lost.