Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Obesity Will Not Win!

I have decided that I have to stop looking for the next great diet that will magically help me shed this weight.   I have tried so many fad diets in hopes that one of them would be "the one" that would work for me.  But, with only a half hearted effort on my part.  The truth is that I have to decide that I want to lose this weight and that I will do whatever it takes to make that happen.  And not rely on some magic pill or potion to do it for me.   I have finally reached that point.  I have been reading various weight loss blogs the last few days.  And it made me realize that I haven't ever tried to lose weight.  Not really.  Those people with the weight loss blogs are serious!  They are committed and they are getting results.  They aren't making excuses as to why they didn't lose this week or why they ate something they shouldn't have.  They are doing what is needed to meet the goals that they set for themselves.  Thanks to all of you who have opened my eyes to the seriousness of my situation.  I am obese and I am slowly killing myself with the bad choices that I make on a daily basis. 

I will be counting every calorie that goes into my mouth.  And I will be keeping a food log so I won't miss anything.   I will begin to exercise.  I have to get myself moving.   I weigh 230 lbs and I am 5'7".  I am obese.  I hate that word and I hate admitting it.  But, it is a fact.  But, I vow right now to begin to change that.  I want to be around for my son while he is growning up.   I want to be a better wife to my husband.  I am so miserable all of the time and it makes me a royal pain to be around.  I want to be happy.  I know that "happiness is a state of mind".    I have heard all of that before... and I agree with that statement to a certain extent.  But, my state of mind isn't very happy right now.  I am tired all of the time.  It feels like I catch every sickness that comes around.  I don't feel good about myself anymore.  And I honestly can't remember the last time I did. 

 Short Term Goal:

I want to lose 25 lbs by our wedding anniversary.  It is in July.


Long Term Goal:

I want to weigh 145 lbs.  That is a loss of 85 lbs.  I can do it.  And I will.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi shae,
I know what you mean about never trying to lose weight before.
Whatever I called it in past attempts, it was me trying to be skinny overnight.
I didn't think long term...I would try to eat 1200 calories and exercise...go four days, hop on a scale and expect five pounds to be gone.
I was crazy.
You can do this. I know you can, if someone who was as nutty as I was can do it, I know you can too.
Good luck. I am rooting for you.

Kim said...

And so it begins!!! (Drum rolling) hehe :) You can do it...we can do it. This is the starting line. Just remember there will be stumbling along the way...just pick back up and move along. Eye of the Tiger baby!
If you need an extra dose of "pep" go over to Chris's blog. That's the lady that commented above me. She's awesome fuel for a dieter. lol

Results!

Results from the 24 Day JumpStart...8 lbs and 5.5 overall inches lost.