Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm Gonna Do It

I have gone back and forth on making this decision.  But, I finally decided that I am going to join Weight Watchers.  I have never joined any kind of weight loss group or program.  I thought about joining Nutrisystem a few years ago...but, couldn't make myself spend the money.  And not to mention my hubby didn't think it was a good idea.  But, when I ran the weight watchers idea past him a few days ago...he instantly said, "sure... I will do it with you."  We have decided that since I work nights and sleep days...that we are going to do the at home program.  And sign up for the online program.  I am using some of my income tax refund for this.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have the extra money.  Anyway, I should be getting started by next month.  I am excited about it.  I needed something to motivate me again.  The new plan looks sound.  It focuses on whole foods.   I like that.   I won't join a program that promotes packaged or processed foods.  I can't live on that crap.  And not to mention that it is BAD for you.  I also like the idea of counting points.  For me, it seems easier.  I have a lot of weight to lose.  And I want to lose it this year!  Hubby needs to lose a few, too.  He said he wants to lose 30 lbs. or so.  I have a heck of a lot more to lose than that.  lol.  I want to lose 60 lbs.  And then see how much more I want to lose from there.  That will put me under 150.  I am thinking that I want to set my long term goal at 130.  We will see.  I am so motivated and ready to lose this extra baggage.   And I am so happy that my husband is going to be helping me.  He is the cook in the family.  Having him "on board" will make it so much easier.  He can cook things that are "on plan". 

So, I am going to continue to count calories until my materials arrive.  Then, I am going to be blogging about my weight watchers experience.  I can't wait!!

I will be back on Thursday to post my weigh in numbers. 

Sherry

No comments:

Results!

Results from the 24 Day JumpStart...8 lbs and 5.5 overall inches lost.