Thursday, May 13, 2010

Proof...I'm Doing Something Right

Good Morning!  I found an article on MSN this morning that confirmed that I am burning calories when I do 4 hours of housekeeping... lol.  Just had to post part of it.


Simple Steps Can Lead To More Exercise


Small steps can lead to big results.

Scrub, Sweep, Push, Pull

Keep your body moving by keeping your home spotless. 

 A 2003 study in the journal Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise found that vacuuming a rug burned a similar amount of calories as a slow walk on a treadmill—you are walking when you use a vacuum, after all. Using upright and canister vacuums without power-assist features burned up to 10 percent more calories.

Good to know I am doing something good for my body when I am at work.  lol.  That's just vacuuming...they don't mention stripping and making beds, sweeping, mopping, and all of that bending and walking that I do.  ;)

I have had cereal so far this morning.  After a few more mins of "waking up"... I am going to get ready to go grocery shopping.  I dread it and anticipate it at the same time.  lol.  I need to get food...but, hate doing it. 

I was thinking yesterday that I feel "in control" again.  I had been feeling like I wasn't in control the last couple of weeks.  Not just my eating and exercise...but, in everything.  I have also realized that being in control takes an effort on my part.  I know that may sound strange...but, I sometimes get overwhelmed with the circumstances of life and don't even realize that I have just basically let life pass me by without taking part in it.  That statement might not make sense..but, I know what I mean...lol.   I have a hard time putting my thoughts into coherent words...bear with me, please. 

Someone once told me that losing weight was "easy".  You just have to "do it".  lol.  I believe that anyone who says that is a) lying to themselves, b) lying to others or c) just freaking lying!  It ain't easy!!   I do believe that sometimes we make it harder than it has to be...but, easy... no.  But, it is very doable.  Is doable a word??  I realize that I am rambling....I just have so many thoughts roaming around in my head this morning.  lol.  

Well, I hope everyone has  a great day.  I will post any good finds from the grocery store tomorrow.

No comments:

Results!

Results from the 24 Day JumpStart...8 lbs and 5.5 overall inches lost.